[Vorbis-dev] Next libvorbis release?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Feb 5 09:14:17 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+la at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know which set of tools were the last to successfully
> build the docs?

I've always used pdfxmltex+passivetex. This is what's missing on most
debian based systems.

As Michael suggested, it's worth trying with fop instead. When I did
the original conversion it wasn't capable enough, but it's quite a few
years older now.

>> but anyhow, the
>> situation stood that someone would convert the entire thing to HTML to
>> go around the docbook problems.
>
> If someone tells me whats required, I'll have a crack at it.

Well, currently vorbis/doc/xml/ has a each chapter as a separate
docbook xml file, and then there's a Vorbis_I_spec.xml that imports
them all to create the final document. You should cat all the xml
files together into a Vorbis_I.html and then change all the tags from
docbook to html markup. You can use the original html version as a
guide, but the goal should be to have it look nice with the new
website css files.

Then print out both and do a side-by-side proof.

It's not especially difficult, but it would take me about two weeks.

 -r