[Vorbis-dev] Does libao use /dev/sound for audio ?

Diptopal Basu diptopal.basu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:09:03 PDT 2009

I am using the Versatile Application baseboard and intend to use the ogg
vorbis libraries .

I have been able to install all the modules related to sound . However I
think there's something wrong with the /sev/sound folder in my kernel ,
hence everytime we do

cat anything.au > /dev/audio

It throws an error cant create device /dev/audio even though /dev/audio is
present .

My question is the ogg vorbis libraries like the *libao* , do they make use
of /dev/audio or is there any other mechanism .

If it uses /dev/audio then I might not be able to use the ogg player now
until I fix the problem .

Regards
Diptopal Basu