[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Apr 10 08:22:16 PDT 2009

Am 08.04.2009 um 03:30 schrieb xiphmont at xiph.org:

> Max wrote:
>
>> While doing the conversion, I noticed a discrepancy between the
>> formulas in section 6 (on floor0): the PNG version of these formulars
>> differ from the LaTeX code that was embedded in the XML code. Now I
>> wonder which of these are correct. For now I put both variants in
>> there, in section 6.2.3, page 41 of the PDF (the different variable
>> names are pretty minor I guess; but the changed indices on the
>> coefficients probably are not).
>
> Ralph wrote:
>> So I looked at this for a while this afternoon. I think I have the
>> coefficient indices correct, but I couldn't reproduce the factor of
>> '4' inside the products, nor the variation in the prefactor
>> denominators.
>
> The LaTeX code is wrong, the PNGs are correct.

Great, and I see you already fixed it, too.

> Max wrote:
>> Another thing some people might find annoying are the boxes that
>> surround all hyperlinks in the PDF. I can turn this off, or
>> alternatively, make the link *text* colored. The colors themselves
>> are
>> also customizable. Just tell me what you prefer.
>
> Yes please!  I'm used to active links in PDFs being blue text,
> possibly underlined.

Change
   \usepackage[colorlinks]{hyperref}

   \usepackage[colorlinks,linkcolor=blue]{hyperref}

Or apply the attached patch, which also cleans up Vorbis_I_spec.tex,
adding lots of comments, and tweaks the build rules to ensure
Vorbis_I_spec.cfg is honored.

If you guys are happy so far (modulo planned future improvements, like
pepping up the display of algorithms in the docs), you could also
remove the Docbook stuff, in particular the xml/ subdir and
Vorbis_I_spec.xml.
Oh, and evenlsp.png  lspmap.png  oddlsp.png are unused now, I think?

Bye,
Max