[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Apr 7 18:30:48 PDT 2009

Ralph wrote:
> So I looked at this for a while this afternoon. I think I have the
> coefficient indices correct, but I couldn't reproduce the factor of
> '4' inside the products, nor the variation in the prefactor
> denominators.

The LaTeX code is wrong, the PNGs are correct.

The prescaling factors do match the code, they're just 'hidden' in the
code by being moved into other steps.  The .5 factor in front falls
out of the final squaring of p and q which are initialized to
.707[...]. The difference in prescale in the odd version falls out of
the odd LSP computation algebra. Scaling the odd terms only appears to
be different, the equation makes it difficult to see what is actually
happening logically). The 4 factor on the cosine subtraction is
handled later by adding 'm' (the order) to the exponent after the
product is normalized.

Max wrote:
> Another thing some people might find annoying are the boxes that
> surround all hyperlinks in the PDF. I can turn this off, or
> alternatively, make the link *text* colored. The colors themselves are
> also customizable. Just tell me what you prefer.

Yes please!  I'm used to active links in PDFs being blue text,
possibly underlined.

Monty