[Vorbis-dev] Windows builds in general

Christopher Montgomery xiphmont at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:21:44 PDT 2009

Hello folks,

So as it turns out (having gotten sucked into virtualization
development at Red Hat) I'm now actually pretty well set up to handle
some amount of Windows build system maintenance and binary builds for
relases.  Of course simply having the tools (and not having even tried
to use them since..  oh around 1998) doesn't mean I know what I'm
doing.

I know we have Win32 capable volunteers, and I'd appreciate some help
getting up to speed as well as general contributions both getting
win32 builds fixed up for the upcoming libvorbis release, but also
deciding on a build system policy for Win32 in general.  Specifically
'which versions of the project files shall we officially support?  Or
do we just decide to ship nmake?' etc.

Help and input appreciated.

Thanks,
Monty