[Vorbis-dev] Cover art

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Apr 2 09:47:34 PDT 2009

Mathias Kunter <mathiaskunter at yahoo.de> wrote:
>> Do you propose to include the block header with the internal length,
>> or just the picture block?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. The length of the
> BINARY_COVERART comment within the ogg comment
> header must be the length of the base64-encoded
> string anyway. After decoding this base64 string into a
> byte array, this array should be parsed like the FLAC
> specification suggests.

Including the length of the metadata block is
important for devices with limited memory.
Cover art, however it is encoded, is big
compared to other VorbisComments.  The
inclusion of the block length allows devices to
easily skip the block.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org