[Vorbis-dev] Ambisonics Proposal summary.

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Sep 30 05:36:52 PDT 2008

> thanks Monty, that clarifies, and opens up the possibilities considerably.

For what it's worth, I always wanted to leave open the possibility of
a complete Ambisonics integration with Vorbis. There was no time to
pursue it in detail before the first generation of codecs got out, but
I don't want Ambisonics to be approached as if it is a send-class
arms'-length add on or needs to be tacked in as an afterthought.  I'd
like the additions to be sensible-- but they are welcome to drill as
deeply as necessary into the codec to work well.

Monty