[Vorbis-dev] Flash Vorbis player

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Fri Oct 3 03:53:04 PDT 2008

Arek Korbik schrieb:
> http://people.xiph.org/~arek/bzr/fogg.dev
>
> The code is based on Cortado's JOrbis, hence the license is LGPL.
Hi Arek,

that looks great, at least the performance is much better than with my
AS3 approach for Flash 9. The sources are however not available on the
link you mentioned. If you have any interest in releasing your player
under a less restricted license (Mozilla PL), I would be happy to share
my AS3 Vorbis decoder with you. Perhaps it's enough to replace the
arrays I've been using with the new vector to achieve a similar
performance boost with my code, although the Flash 10 player seem to
generally execute AS slightly faster. I don't have much time at the
moment to play around with it myself, but could of course give you a
helping hand if you need.

Tor