[Vorbis-dev] Flash Vorbis player

Arek Korbik arkadini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 20:58:35 PDT 2008

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that I have just made available the sources
to the ogg + vorbis implementation in haXe, which I've been working on
for last couple of weeks. The code compiles to an swf file playable in
Flash Player 10.

A demo of a simple player implementation (latest Flash 10 required):

http://people.xiph.org/~arek/pg/hx/test.html

and the sources, in a bzr branch, currently at:

http://people.xiph.org/~arek/bzr/fogg.dev

The code is based on Cortado's JOrbis, hence the license is LGPL.

There are still some issues, as you will probably notice if you try
the demo, but the performance seems promising - just using the new
flash.Vector type from Flash 10, seems to make it ~4 times faster than
a version using the old Array type.

Hopefully now more people will be able to look at the source and
improve it further.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, I really do hope we can make
it usable outside of our community.

Arek

p.s. There's a bit more info in my blog post at:
       http://barelyfocused.net/blog/2008/10/03/flash-vorbis-player/