[Vorbis-dev] On merging aoTuV patches

Oliver Thuns oli+243897 at ml0815.streaps.org
Fri Nov 28 13:13:56 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Fabio <fabio.ped at libero.it> wrote:

>> This shouldn't be a worry for you.
>
> It is instead, and at least for two reasons:
> - when a web developer should choose between the reference xiph
> encoder found in its application/distribution and AAC based only on
> the quality it will choose the latter, so I (and other that only use
> free formats) won't be able to listen to that music;

He would choose MP3, because nobody really cares about the sound quality ;-)

As a web devbeloper I mainly care about the user experience. Does it
play at all? I guess it will take another year until >95% of the users
will have Flash Player 10 or some browser installed that support the
<audio> tag and Vorbis. Also the webdeveloper is free to use an aoTuV
Vorbis encoder.

Don't panic!