[Vorbis-dev] Cross compiling Linux -> windows has broken

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun May 4 11:47:14 PDT 2008

On 4-May-08, at 9:52 AM, zmorris at mac.com wrote:

> -lvorbisfile -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -logg
>
> which seems backwards to me.  I originally had ogg then vorbis.

My understanding matches what's described by the links Tuomo posted.
"Dumb" linkers iterate through the libraries in order, resolving as
many unknown symbols as possible at each step. Therefore, libraries
(and object files) must come before the libraries that they depend
on. Otherwise, the definitions of those calls they reference will
never be included, having been discarded as unneeded during an
earlier iteration. If that convoluted explanation helps. :)

Erik, would you might checking if the cross compile still works with
@OGG_LIBS@ at the end, and if so move them, including the one that
was already there?

  -r