[Vorbis-dev] Cross compiling Linux -> windows has broken

Tuomo Latto djv at iki.fi
Sun May 4 03:42:19 PDT 2008

http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/StopUndefinedReferences
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq8_10.html
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/an_introduction_to_gcc/gccintro_18.html

--
Tuomo

... Bear in mind, at all times and in all circumstances, whatever
     the subject under discussion -- be it never so dear to your heart
     and worthy of thoughtful consideration at far greater length than that
     to which you are regretfully obliged to constrain it -- that conciseness
     is a virtue of such paramount importance that the present writer would
     ever dream of relinquishing it, even for a moment; bearing in mind as
     well, that the related and yet not wholly identical temptation to
     entangle both the narrative and the reader in a thousand branching
     paths of digression, from which initally attractive yet ultimately
     fruitless byways (like those deceptively promising mountain trails
     which, when followed, gradually diminish to faint and narrow tracks
     and thence to mere nothingness, leaving the traveller stranded at some
     spot deserted by humanity not through whim or chance, but justly,
     on account of its intrinsic lack of any interest whatsoever) one may
     only with great difficulty find one's way back to the main thread,
     must also be sternly avoided.
     Every time you explain this point to the reader, follow it with a firmly
     worded assurance that that is exactly what you intend to do.  Believe
     yourself when you say it.                  -- Steven Brust and T. Heyden