[Vorbis-dev] I heard about aoTuV...

Aoyumi aoyumi at gmail.com
Sat May 3 08:35:07 PDT 2008

> ... and was wondering how it differs from the official
> libvorbis and why there is need for a fork.
>
> Could somebody shed some light on the past and background
> of the libvorbis/aoTuV story please? Both on- and offlist
> mails are welcome.

The aoTuV was a personal trial.  It does not change after the aoTuV
beta2 was adopted to the libvorbis 1.1 of Xiph either.

Because the tuning of the encoder is strong in the experimental element,
it is dangerous that it is considered to be reference immediately.
I think that I had better pass through time of the libvorbis1.1/aoTuV
beta2 and a similar process.

Aoyumi