[Vorbis-dev] Can someone provide win32 binaries for vorbis-tools 1.2.0?

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at binera.de
Tue Mar 11 09:15:25 PDT 2008

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> I know how to write Windows installers, thank you.  I was pretty much
> forced to learn it while working for a shoddy company last year.

I didn't assume you to be an NSIS expert since you
"cannot compile stuff for Windows". Great if you are.

>> If the binaries were requested
>> maybe we should not write installers and release asap?
>
> That is another matter.  I suggested the installer because people
> complain when they don't have one.  Then again, people also complain
> when they do have one.  Moral: you can't please everyone.

Well, you could please everyone by providing a zip, a 7z and
an installer. How about this: Why don't you first put an archive
together and go for a full NSIS after?

> Well, SVN is used as FTP to put data in the releases directory, so I
> guess that would be it.  Another possibility would be if you would
> like to keep hosting the files as you are currently and I just link to
> it from the downloads page.

I'd say let's put into subversion what sticks to real version numbers
and make everything snapshotty go into the unversioned folder I set up.
I'll set up an account for you in a minute.

Sebastian