[Vorbis-dev] [xiph-commits] r15069 - in trunk/vorbis-tools: oggdec oggenc

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 02:50:31 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> Hmm. Doesn't oggdec output the decompressed audio to stdout? IIRC the
> help goes to stderr to avoid clobbering that.

We are talking about the help menu that shows only with -h, so three
things to note are:

1) it doesn't affect the audio output because it's not happening while
the help menu is shown
2) stderr is for error messages, not common messages, hence the "correctness"
3) it's also about constency since oggenc also uses stdout

I don't see anything wrong with this change, but if someone else
doesn't agree I guess there's nothing to do but revert it.

> the windows issue

Funny that you mention that: I already got two different reports that
oggdec is NOT working in Windows.  I doubt this change will make much
difference but it will be worth a test.

-Ivo