[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools 1.2.0 Release Candidate

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:52:30 PST 2008

Ian Malone wrote:
> Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
>> On 2/4/08, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think the Skeleton one is probably fairly minor if non-
>>> skeleton is the default for the oggenc to produce.
>>> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~ibm21/omd_links/vorbiscomment.muxed_2.tgz
>>> was written in 2006, I haven't tried building it against a current
>>> version of vorbiscomment yet.
>>
>> There wasn't any major change in vorbiscomment since that time.
>>
>> This was a huge patch and I don't remember seeing it in Trac at all.
>>
>> Preliminary testing points out that it indeed works.  Hell yeah?  Ah
>> hell yeah.  More testing to follow before commit.
>>

> I wouldn't be too hasty; there appears to be a buffer over-run
> somewhere.  Now if only I knew where it was.

Found it (patch 3), and another bug (patch 4; multiple Vorbis in
the same link, BOS packets don't get cached).

I thought I'd discovered another issue, involving lots of
simultaneously multiplexed Vorbis streams.  However it appears
to have been due to a lack of space.  A twenty-eight track file
seems to be working quite happily (as an aside, both Xine and
Mplayer deal quite well with it, Xine will even let you choose
which audio channel you want through its GUI).