[Vorbis-dev] libvorbis 1.2.2 RC1 -- comment padding

John j-m05 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 16:02:19 PST 2008

The front-end I have used for some years adds 1K 'padding' onto the Vorbis
tags. It was set up to allow the user to select the number of bytes - 32, 64
... 1024 but very soon was set on and left at 1024.

Of several thousand Ogg tracks I don't think I have needed more space on
more than half a dozen. I don't put lyrics there though.

The amount of padding required may be more to do with the user's likes and
dislikes than with file size or such. On tracks 'of interest' I can add all
sorts of (probably useless) information, as that information comes to hand.
Other tracks get Artist; Album.

Let the user specify the amount of padding at encoding stage.

J.