[Vorbis-dev] libvorbis 1.2.2 RC1

Michael Gold mgold at ncf.ca
Fri Dec 12 15:04:08 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 00:56:56 +0000, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> These are the new changes since the unreleased 1.2.1:
>
>  * API calls for VENDOR and ENCODER
>  * seek correctly in files bigger than 2 GB (Windows)
>  * fix regression from CVE-2008-1420; 1.0b1 files work again
>  * mark all tables as constant to reduce memory occupation

Here's a patch that adds comment padding to vorbis_analysis_headerout.
I don't know whether you'll want to include it in this release, but it's
useful to have ASAP so newly-encoded files can be edited quickly once
comment editors add support.

Like the vcedit.c patch I sent you privately, this pads the comment
packet to a multiple of 4096 bytes, leaving at least 2048 bytes free.

vorbis_commentheader_out could be similarly updated, but I didn't change
it because I don't know what it's used for -- nothing in libvorbis or
vorbis-tools calls it.

-- Michael