[Vorbis-dev] libvorbis 1.2.1 RC2

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:13:28 PDT 2008

Hello list,

As some of you may have noted, the release of libvorbis 1.2.1 was put
on hold, I reckon due to the possible unavailability of the main
developer to review certain patches to solve issues found recently in
libvorbis.  So, why not ask help from the community to speed up this
process?  This is what this thread will be about.

Let's go into detail regarding the two issues I mentioned above.

First, we have ticket #884[1] which states that mingw cannot build
libvorbis.  A fix has been committed in r14833[2], but this apparently
does not fix the issue completely and people in the ticket report that
the first part of this patch[3] needs to be applied.

The other issue reported in ticket #1361[4] seems to affect Windows
users trying to compile libvorbis in x64 systems.  Several patches
were proposed, being the final one this[5].

I have not committed any of those patches to SVN; instead, I grabbed
the latest revision, applied them locally and prepared a source
package for community testing.  And here it is[6]!

These issues affect niche users, hence if you are not a mingw or w64
user it may look like you should not bother with this, but you would
be wrong.  Everyone is invited to review this Release Candidate and
report if no problems were found.  Positive feedback is vital to know
if libvorbis is ready for a release.  On the other hand, any eventual
problem that may be found can be solved.

mingw and w64 users, especially, please help and confirm if the
patched libvorbis presents no longer the problems reported by other
users.

Thank you.

-Ivo

[1] https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/884
[2] https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/14833
[3] https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/884#comment:3
[4] https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/1361
[5] https://trac.xiph.org/attachment/ticket/1361/libvorbis-1.2.0-x64-revised.4.patch
[6] http://spreadopenmedia.org/tmp/libvorbis-1.2.1RC2.tar.bz2
sha1 checksum for [6]: cdffdec2c463a915648e8edc1015a841489de6b7