[Vorbis-dev] base64 ALBUMART vorbiscomment

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Sat Apr 12 19:14:10 PDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How is that included in Ogg? Is it in a secondary header of the FLAC bitstream?

Yep.

>  Maybe we should consider providing this for any Ogg encapsulated bitstream?

Given that the world is about to adopt Ogg
Skeleton then this is most easily handled as a
separate stream.  Call it miniMNG.

In case anyone is serious, here is the gory
detail of FLAC's implementation:

METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE
<32> 	The picture type according to the ID3v2 APIC frame:

    * 0 - Other
    * 1 - 32x32 pixels 'file icon' (PNG only)
    * 2 - Other file icon
    * 3 - Cover (front)
    * 4 - Cover (back)
    * 5 - Leaflet page
    * 6 - Media (e.g. label side of CD)
    * 7 - Lead artist/lead performer/soloist
    * 8 - Artist/performer
    * 9 - Conductor
    * 10 - Band/Orchestra
    * 11 - Composer
    * 12 - Lyricist/text writer
    * 13 - Recording Location
    * 14 - During recording
    * 15 - During performance
    * 16 - Movie/video screen capture
    * 17 - A bright coloured fish
    * 18 - Illustration
    * 19 - Band/artist logotype
    * 20 - Publisher/Studio logotype

Others are reserved and should not be used. There may only be one each
of picture type 1 and 2 in a file.
<32> 	The length of the MIME type string in bytes.
<n*8> 	The MIME type string, in printable ASCII characters 0x20-0x7e.
The MIME type may also be --> to signify that the data part is a URL
of the picture instead of the picture data itself.
<32> 	The length of the description string in bytes.
<n*8> 	The description of the picture, in UTF-8.
<32> 	The width of the picture in pixels.
<32> 	The height of the picture in pixels.
<32> 	The color depth of the picture in bits-per-pixel.
<32> 	For indexed-color pictures (e.g. GIF), the number of colors
used, or 0 for non-indexed pictures.
<32> 	The length of the picture data in bytes.
<n*8> 	The binary picture data.

Regards,
Martin
--