[Vorbis-dev] base64 ALBUMART vorbiscomment (was Re: [ogg-dev] Ogg/Spots and Ogg/MNG)

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Fri Apr 11 16:40:12 PDT 2008

[Cc: changed to vorbis-dev]

On 12/04/2008, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:
>  >  No, vorbiscomments are meant to be human-readable.
>

> But I CAN read base64!

:-)

>  It's a win-win situation, with the added bonus that it wouldn't
>  require encapsulating images in a single stream Vorbis file.  After
>  all, Vorbis multiplexed with images is likely to break
>  non-libvorbis-based decoders since those don't expect muxed streams.
>  I know, because I have been testing around Vorbis+Skeleton files.

I thought that the only decoders that have problems with such files
are those based on earlier libvorbisfile, before Tahseen and Monty
fixed it. Those based on other libraries (GStreamer, OggDSF, xine-lib,
oggz+fishsound, etc.) have no problems with playing just the audio
track.

If you've found other players/libs with problems, we should fix them ...

>  Rules are not set in stone.  We are supposed to bend them a little
>  when it's necessary and, truth be told, this is a very small
>  concession to please an audience.

If we do go down this path, let's do some testing with existing
hardware and software players :-)

cheers,

Conrad.