[Vorbis-dev] Donations to Xiph

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at hartwork.org
Wed Oct 31 16:08:20 PDT 2007

Ralph Giles wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 01:16:36AM +0100, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
>
>>> We could list what amount was donated or not?
>
> I think we'd have to ask before listing people's names. But name in
> lights and giving clubs do inspire people.

I agree we should ask.

> Also, just a "money raised"
> total people can push up is good.

If related to the time the donations were spanning then yes.
Donations per time is what I think the public should see.

>>> We could "sell" links on that page for extra cash or not?
>
> I'm not sure we get enough traffic for ads to make sense. Maybe on
> dir.xiph.org.

I didn't mean ads, just links instead of plain donator's
name or company's name.

>> No needs, no opinions? Wouldn't stating specific needs
>> strongly increase the chance of getting them satisfied?
>
> It would. What needs to you suggest? Send someone to a conference?
> Buy a new server?

I had hardware/hosting costs in mind. Would be great to have
a page for other needs like the conference thing as well
but that should in my eyes be separated.

Do we have a list of "help wanted" list sowhere?
All I found is the bounty page [1].

Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Bounties