[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools ./configure problems libao2 posix threads

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:31:43 PDT 2007

On 5/13/07, maxvonseibold <maxvonseibold at ambientaether.net> wrote:
> I am having some real problems getting the configure script to satisfy
> the dependencies needed for ogg123 support (which I definitely want).

I have never tried to build ogg123, but in theory you shouldn't need
libao.  Libao is needed when the OS doesn't have a sound system (like
ALSA in Linux).  Darwin should have one.

This and the POSIX error seem more like a problem with the conf script
for ogg123 in Darwin than a problem on your hand.  POSIX is available
in pretty much every Unix-like system, and I believe Darwin has POSIX
compliance.

I'm afraid I can't give you a solution, so let's hope someone else
with knowledge of Darwin will help you out.

-Ivo