[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools ./configure problems libao2 posix threads

maxvonseibold maxvonseibold at ambientaether.net
Sun May 13 13:37:58 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have just subscribed to this list so please forgive me if this
question is misplaced.

I am trying to build vorbis-tools on Darwin 10.4 using SVN.

I am having some real problems getting the configure script to satisfy
the dependencies needed for ogg123 support (which I definitely want).

The problems are:-

Firstly configure wants libao and libcurl and POSIX Threads. I installed
libao initially but found that I had to install libao2 (through fink).

Will configure be happy with this?

Secondly I am not wholly sure where precisely libao2 is placed once
installed. I did a find and found several possibilities and added this
to my configure script:-

sudo ./configure --disable-vorbistest --with-ao=/sw/lib

However I am still getting the same warning about libao.

As for POSIX Threads, I have no clue! Could anyone offer any pointers
for this ... ?

Thanks (and sorry if this is the wrong thread to have posted this
question to).

Max.