[Vorbis-dev] OggDisk?

Petr Tomasek tomasek at etf.cuni.cz
Sat May 5 08:48:01 PDT 2007

Hi!

I've seen many new standards on the Xiph page.
Have you thought about creating something like
"OggDisk", that would correspond to CD, DVD,
BD... disks?

I mean data structure (propably on any filesystem)
that could be used for audio and video (and perhaps
for images too?).

Desired features:
 - Ogg centric
 - designed to be filesystem/disk type independant
(so that you can use it both with floppy disk and
1TB futuristic hologram discs - and of course anything
else - CD, DVD, HD-DVD, BD-DVD, flash disk, hard disk
location...)
 - having "more levels" - so you can have e.g.
"a film" -> "a collection of films" -> "a collection of collections"
 - easily detectable (while inserting disk e.g.)
 - the spec would guarantee that every compliant
player will refuse to play DRM-ed content
 - (like DVD's) having the possibility to have
"intro's" and similar, but letting the user
start directly the desired content (film, etc.)

So my question is: did already someone come up
with similar idea?...

(And yes, sorry for my english, it won't be better ;-)

P.T.

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>