[Vorbis-dev] Re: [ogg-dev] Proposal: An extension to rules all others

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 02:07:02 PDT 2007

On 7/18/07, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Those two cases are specific allowances for the .ogg
> and .spx extensions.  OggPCM and Ghost will be .oga,
> Vorbis in .oga is audio/ogg.

I don't mind the different extensions, but the specific MIME types are
a bad idea.  I'll be changing the proposal to audio/ogg only.

> Of course the restriction of .ogg to Vorbis may not
> happen.

It has already happen.  We all, including Monty who was reluctant
about it, are endorsing it now.

.ogg wasn't supposed to be only Vorbis, but that's how it ended up.
We have to work around the public, not against it.

-Ivo