[Vorbis-dev] 5.1 surround channel coupling

qduaty qduaty at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 17:12:31 PST 2007

2007/1/25, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com>:
> I expected for someone to get in touch with you, and help you get in
> the right track.  Most unfortunately, no one did.

Maybe they want me to google in their ancient threads? This will
happen soon. Thanks for

> "Resources on Ambisonics

It seems to be exactly what I thought about.

Anyway, I didn't expected silence here. It looks like the subject were
exhausted several years ago; no one is interested in to keep it alive
now. So, do we still need a Vorbis Surround? Now, while we have thanks
God 2007, people on forums keep waiting for it to be ready.

Regardless of coding, I can help with having an optimal room (near
0.8x1x1.25, ~120 m3), ready for listening experiments; I know some
people who would help me with tests, both with their ears and
equipment. After first alpha release, it could be possible to talk
with cinemas, culture clubs, to perform tests in their halls. That's
my 50 cents ;)