[Vorbis-dev] 5.1 surround channel coupling

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 06:31:13 PST 2007

I expected for someone to get in touch with you, and help you get in
the right track.  Most unfortunately, no one did.

I'm not in the know of the technical details on how Vorbis deals with
multi-channel, so all I can suggest if you are still interested, is to
check the vorbis source code, and maybe oggenc's source code as well.

Someone on the Xiph wiki added some interesting links for Ambisonics
stuff.  That may be of use to you as well.

I'll pretty much copy&paste it:

"Resources on Ambisonics

* There is now a set of articles on Wikipedia on Ambisonics [
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambisonic ]
* Of particular relevance is the ".amb" specification [
http://www.ambisonicbootlegs.net/Members/mleese/file-format-for-b-format/
] for downloadable B-Format files. There are currently about 75 pieces
available in this format for free download. Most of these are
full-sphere soundfields.
* My website [ http://members.tripod.com/martin_leese/Ambisonic/ ] has
many pages on Ambisonics (including at the bottom links to other
Ambisonic websites)."

Hope this helps,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves