[Vorbis-dev] 5.1 surround channel coupling

Sebastian Olter qduaty at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 04:30:36 PST 2007

2007/2/26, Sebastian Gesemann <sgeseman at uni-paderborn.de>:
> Section 4.3.9. Output channel order: [...]
> Applications using Vorbis for dedicated purposes may define channel
> mapping as seen fit. Future channel mappings (such as three and four
> channel Ambisonics) will make use of channel mappings other than mapping 0.

Well, that's our single Ambisonic bit of information I mentioned
before. The Vorbis Ambisonic standard will need to:

1. use one of other-than-0 mappings (for instance, 1)
2. use one of well known Ambisonic specifications as a source for
particular channel mappings depending on their number (for instance,
the .AMB spec)

Who actually maintains Vorbis standards?