[Vorbis-dev] 5.1 surround channel coupling

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 07:06:00 PST 2007

On 2/13/07, Sebastian Olter <qduaty at gmail.com> wrote:
> PATCH:
>
> Two lines have to be changed in audio.c to prevent oggenc (1.0.2) from
> rejecting wave-ex/amb files:
>

> 389c389
> <       if(len!=16 && len!=18)
> ---
> >       if(len!=16 && len!=18 && len != 40) /* 40 is wave-ex */
> 415c415
> <       if(format.format == 1)
> ---
> >       if(format.format == 1 || format.format == -2) /* -2 is wave-ex (at least on x86) */

Was the above patch for oggenc already applied, or at the very least tested?

And related with this subject: have you people been checking
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Ambisonics for updates?  That page is
shaping pretty well.  Every question or doubt on Ambisonics should be
clear by now; now we just need working code to make Ambisonics on
Vorbis a reality, starting with oggenc.

-Ivo