[Vorbis-dev] Help recording from PCM stream and silence.

Jim Buschman jim.buschman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:26:11 PST 2007

I need it to be able to take a stream of PCM data and encode it. Right
now it works if I am recording from a source (i.e. microphone or with
"what you hear") but when I try to use another API (Team Speak) to
capture the PCM data it doesn't seem to be encoding correctly. (I know
the PCM data is correct. I am able to use it to create a wav file.)

I'm also having a problem with recording silence and playing back
silence correctly. It sounds correct, but when you look at the time
stamps, the silence doesn't show up. If you record 10 minutes of noise
and 1 minute of silence the total time will show as 10 minutes but it
will play for 11.

I have a feeling that my first problem might be caused by my second
but I'm not really sure. I've tried to explain this the best I could
but fear that it might not make much sense. Please let me know if I
need to make anything more clearly or if you need more information. If
you need to see code, please try and let me know what you need to see
because I can't really post all of it.

--
~Jim