[Vorbis-dev] Probleme with bitrate when encoding small files

Jean-Francois Guay jean-francois.guay at ubisoft.com
Fri Aug 10 06:25:54 PDT 2007

Just an update on our problem as other people may encounter the same problem.  We tried the proposed patch, we even tried to integrate the most recent version (1.2) without success.  So we tried to compile a small example included with the source code and we where not able to reproduce the problem.  We found that to be able to reproduce the problem we had to compile the source code as C++ (in our implementation we changed the oggvorbis allocator for our own allocator that are in the form of a C++ object)

So converting back all oggvorbis code to be compiled as C corrected the problem.  So it's seem that Microsoft VC8 has not the same behaviour as VC71 when compiling in C++.

--
JF