[ogg-dev] Re: [theora-dev] Re: [Advocacy] Re: [Vorbis-dev] Proposal: An extension to rules all others

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:34:25 PDT 2007

I concede with the three extension letters, but oga?

People tend to acknowledge a format by its extension.  That's why we
have all this people thinking Ogg is Vorbis and that's it.

Imagine someone talking with its budy over IM, "Hey, check out this song."

"Crap, it's that OGA format," the other says.  "My computer can't play
that shit."

We know it's an abbreviation for OggAudio, but they don't.

On 4/29/07, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's discuss some more, but also get to a vote on this on irc or on
> the Xiph Board, so we can solve this problem and help the community to
> move on.

Xiph Board?  What is this Xiph Board?  I've never heard of it.

-Ivo