[Vorbis-dev] encoding wave files into ogg vorbis?

Peter Laursen vorbis at tdlsoftware.org
Mon Nov 27 07:24:27 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

I am a newbe with the Ogg Vorbis libraries.

I am trying to create a program in C++ that will allow me to take a 16
bit, stereo wave file at 44.1 khz and encode it into ogg vorbis. I
have looked at the encoder example in the vorbis SDK, but I did not
quite understand it.

My question, therefore, is how to encode such a stream into vorbis? A
simple tutorial would be very much appreciated (or, better yet, some
step-by-step instructions and a simple, easy-to-understand example).

Any help is very much appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Peter.