[Vorbis-dev] Where to put ported (embedded DSP) versions of Vorbis?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Mar 14 08:58:04 PST 2006

On 3/14/06, Brewster LaMacchia <brewster at mds.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post, but I haven't come up with a
> good answer to this question yet.

Not off-topic at all!

> MDS did a port of Vorbis to the Philips TriMedia processors. Others
> have taken that port and extended/fixed it a bit.
>
> We provide the code to anyone who asks, but at this point we think it
> would be better off in some sort of public repository so that patches
> can be maintained, etc.

Assuming you're willing to make it available under the same BSD-like
license as libvorbis and tremor, xiph would be more than happy to host
it in our svn (and to put up some web pages for it if you want to do a
formal 'release' version).

It'd probably be a good idea to have a page on the website listing
specific vorbis ports (at least the ones that are publically/freely
available) - interested in starting one? Alternatively, you could just
add it as a wiki page to the xiph wiki (wiki.xiph.org).

If you have it under a different license, then things might be
different - but let us know what license it is, it might be acceptable
anyway.

Mike