[Vorbis-dev] Where should I put an Bugreport of OggEnc

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 06:06:31 PDT 2006

<http://trac.xiph.org/>

> The problems eare with some speciel charakters - used in Europe
> (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Austria, etc..)
>
> Some Examples:
>
> Hin Vordende Sod & Sø
>                     ^
> 02_Bruderov paa Hægstadtun.ogg
>                  ^
> 03_Huldradans - Hin Grønnkledde.ogg
>                       ^
> 05_Over Ægirs vidstragte Sletter.ogg
>         ^
> 04_När Slaget Är Vunnet.ogg
>     ^         ^
> 06_Färd Mot Thrudvang.ogg
>     ^
> 10_...Ty Mörkret Skall Falla.ogg
>           ^
> If this "european characters" are inside the track information, then
> OggEnc v1.0.2 repleced them by an "#". The Filename is fine, but the
> tag is always wrecked.

FC5:

$ oggenc in.flac -o l.ogg -a "Éric Claptøn"

$ vorbiscomment l.ogg
artist=Éric Claptøn
(can also do Greek)

I seem to remember something about this on the mailing list a while
back, you may want to search for unicode on vorbis and vorbis-dev.
I also have the following set in my shell:
CHARSET="UTF-8"
Which may or may not be related, if you want to try it remember to do:
$ export CHARSET=UTF-8
before running oggenc in the same shell.

I've got it in my ~/.bashrc at the end as follows:
# For vorbistools
export CHARSET=UTF-8

--
imalone