[Vorbis-dev] page seek precision

Francois Thibault fthibault at AudioKinetic.com
Mon Jun 12 13:37:04 PDT 2006

Seeking to the nearest page (ov_pcm_seek_page) is said to be faster than
seeking to a particular PCM sample. I could not find documentation or
comments in the code that would explain what is the worst case offset
from the specified PCM sample to seek to. Does such an upper bound
exists ? What does it depend on ? I guess this maybe come to the same
question as how many samples maximum can be contained within a single
page.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

FT