[Vorbis-dev] test vectors for OggVorbis encoder

parul parul.agarwal at einfochips.com
Mon Feb 20 23:36:30 PST 2006

Ralph Giles wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 07:31:40PM +0530, parul wrote:
>

>>We are working on Oggvorbis encoder porting on embedded platform. Where
>>can we find good test vectors (wav files) for testing OggVorbis encoder?
>>Does anybody have any idea.
>>

>You might also look at the file set the lame project has used in tuning
>their encoder. Many of these are quite difficult to handle:
>
>  http://lame.sourceforge.net/gpsycho/quality.html
>
>And a small suite used in some of the MPEG development:
>
>  http://sound.media.mit.edu/mpeg4/audio/sqam/
>
>Of course it is also important to just test with a diverse set of
>music; anecdotally many encoders have been largely tuned by one
>or two people with good ears using a handful of favorite tunes, with
>only occasional feedback from more objective testing.
>
>HTH,
> -r

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the links. But the first one ( LAME) contains wv files. Are
they wav files only which can be used as input to OggVorbis encoder. As
far as i know .wv files are also compressed files (not sure). I am not
sure how to use these .wv files as input to OggVorbis encoder.

And for second suite used in MPEG development, that looks fine. But the
links goes to its ftp site and i am not able to download those. Any help.

Parul