[Vorbis-dev] test vectors for OggVorbis encoder

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon Feb 20 22:01:18 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 07:31:40PM +0530, parul wrote:

> We are working on Oggvorbis encoder porting on embedded platform. Where
> can we find good test vectors (wav files) for testing OggVorbis encoder?
> Does anybody have any idea.

You might also look at the file set the lame project has used in tuning
their encoder. Many of these are quite difficult to handle:

  http://lame.sourceforge.net/gpsycho/quality.html

And a small suite used in some of the MPEG development:

  http://sound.media.mit.edu/mpeg4/audio/sqam/

Of course it is also important to just test with a diverse set of
music; anecdotally many encoders have been largely tuned by one
or two people with good ears using a handful of favorite tunes, with
only occasional feedback from more objective testing.

HTH,
 -r