[Vorbis-dev] encode, decode and encode again - bug

Aleksey Surkov Aleksey_S at abbyy.com
Wed Aug 9 02:34:32 PDT 2006

Hello, All.

I wrote an encoder-decoder based on example from OGG-Vorbis SDK.
This encoder can encode a large amount of small WAV-files with equal
parameters into one sound archive.

Then I decode this sound archive back into large amount of small
WAV-files.

Theese files are different from source files, but each of them can be
normally played by Windows.

And now I can't correctly encode these decoded files into sound archive
again.

The behavior of encoder is the following:

1) it normally encodes first 10-20 files and after that the time of
encoding for each file starts to grow
The vorbis_analysis_blockout() function starts to return 0 (in normal
mode it returns 1).
The time of executing vorbis_analysis_buffer() function starts to grow
(in normal mode this time is very small).

It seems like the encoder processes vorbis_analysis_blockout() function
only when the end-of-stream flag is set to 1 (at the end of the last
file).

2) According to (1) the encoder hungs up when I'm trying to encode about
9000 files.

2) When I listen the resulting sound archive the first file is playing
with artefacts.

Does anybody know how can it be repaired?

Thank you.

Aleksey