[Vorbis-dev] OggPCM format being developed

Arc arc at Xiph.org
Thu Nov 10 16:56:48 PST 2005

Just a quick note, realizing that many interested parties on vorbis-dev may not
be subscribed to ogg-dev..

We're working out the details for an OggPCM codec, an uncompressed audio
interchange format which will be used by the next generation Ogg framework.

You can read what's taken place on this so far on the wiki and list:
  http://wiki.xiph.org/RawCodecs
  http://wiki.xiph.org/OggPCM
  http://wiki.xiph.org/Talk:OggPCM
  http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/ogg-dev/2005-November/
   -- look for the OggPCM threads

You can join in the discussion by either commenting on the Talk: page(s) or
joining the ogg-dev mailing list.  We're open to constructive feedback, as the
capabilities (and limitations) will likely become a large part of Xiph's audio
offerings within the Ogg framework.

--

The recognition of individual possibility,
 to allow each to be what she and he can be,

from "Die Gedanken Sind Frei": Free Software and the Struggle for Free Thought
 by Eben Moglen, General council of the Free Software Foundation