[Vorbis-dev] predictability of buffer size for decoding

Steve Russell srussell at innernet.net
Tue Nov 8 19:58:34 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Russell" <srussell at innernet.net>
To: <vorbis-dev at xiph.org>; "Michael Smith" <msmith at xiph.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Vorbis-dev] predictability of buffer size for decoding

------
Oh yeah, stdin vs. pFile, etc. I am giving up, for now at least, on trying
to solve the problem with my libvorbis implementation needing a little pad
to play <= 8kb files.  I have replaced all my ogg vorbis files, I have let
other people look at my code.  No one seems to know how I could be getting
incorrect ov_pcm_total values for such files.  The thing that keeps coming
back to me, with my limited understanding of ogg vorbis and codecs, is --
how many places do I have to look for the solution for a specific function
returning a questionable value?  I do have a concern for the problem somehow
showing up as a bug on someone's machine, but the larger files calculate
fine and a little pad should keep me out of trouble, especially if I don't
read past zero.