[Vorbis-dev] Re: Experimental Bitrate peeler

Vinoth Kumar vinoth at vinjey.com
Tue May 24 12:50:28 PDT 2005

Hi Seghar, John,

Seghar and John - Thanks for your inputs.

    We have implemented this bitrate peeler primarily to test the new decoder developed by us. To put it in other words, bpeel is one of the 14 tools we developed and tested the decoder. So we didn't have really much of chance to check the bpeel as a tool and hence bpeel was released without much or no internal testing.

Now with inputs from different people on mailing lists, forums and emails we have found how much importance people give for a bitrate peeler without any noise ;-). This has kindled interest among our engineers to start working on bitrate peeler. Once we have some updates on our work on bitrate peeler we will post back the results.

Regards,
Vinoth