[Vorbis-dev] CBC ogg/vorbis stream

Maik Merten maikmerten at gmx.net
Tue Mar 8 03:30:28 PST 2005

Jens M Andreasen wrote:
>>Any idea why it flutters? Is it my player, their encoding setup or
>>perhaps a limitation in the Vorbis codec itself?

As far as I can see they are using an old, old encoder:

Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20030909 (1.0.1)

The latest official Xiph.org Vorbis version 1.1.0 has some very nice low
bitrate improvements. The vorbis.com website is, however, quite outdated
- so I recommend getting latest Ogg Vorbis encoders from
http://rarewares.org/ogg.html when you can´t compile from source code.

Even better than Vorbis 1.1.0 are the latest "aoTuV" encoders - you can
get them at http://rarewares.org/ogg.html too.

The "megamix" or "GT3b2" encoders are mainly tweaked for high bitrate
encodings - don´t use them for 32 kbps streaming.

Maik