[Vorbis-dev] Vorbis I specification errata

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni at programozo.hu
Sat Mar 5 11:52:38 PST 2005

Hi!

While implementing a Vorbis I decoder, I have found a few errors in the
specification. After making the following changes everything works as
advertised, thank you!

Errata:
1.)
In section 7.2.2 Floor1 header decode (on a side not wouldn't 7.2.2.1 be the
logical number here, looking at the overall structure of the document?),
step 21  element element ([j] + [floor1_values]) should insted be
element [floor1_values]

2.)
In section 7.2.2.2.1, step 15 [room] is mispelled as [root]

3.)
In section 7.2.2.2.2, step 5 [floor1_step2_flag]' should instead be
[floor1_step2_flag]' element [i]

4.)
In section 8.6.2, after step 3 there is a step missing or it should be part of
step 3: [partition_count] =0 ; iterate while [partition_count] is less then
[ptns_to_read]

With these changes my decoder is apparently ogg vorbis compliant AND decodes
my vorbis streams!

thanks,
bye
Denes