[Vorbis-dev] ARM port?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Jun 21 20:27:49 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 10:10:18PM +0200, Erik Schieweck wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new at this list and a developer from germany. I would like port ogg
> vorbis to an ARM based embedded system. I have lots of this boards in stock
> that have an EP7309 processor and a good quality crystal D/A on board. Does
> anybody known if there is an port for ARM available? If not what can I do?
> Could I help to do this work?

There is no integer encoder.  There is an integer decoder and ARM was
the original platform it was for; if you GCC it will Just Build.  You
can use other embedded compilers (such as eMSVC), but you'll have to
handle the fact that most other embedded compilers can't do inline
assembly (which the stock Tremor makes use of for ARM7 and higher).

Monty