[Vorbis-dev] ogg_sync_pageout

Christopher Egner disciplezero-nl at syrrax.com
Wed Jun 22 07:32:52 PDT 2005

It seems to me that running ogg_sync_pageout doesn't automatically advance
the page. This is good if you haven't worked with the given page, makes
coding somewhat easier. However, when does a page advance. Is it after a
call to ogg_stream_pagein?

On a side note, I need to do seeking on top of libvorbis, I'd love to use
vorbisfile but sadly I can't. Is there a reasonable way to "rewind" without
calling various resets and returning to the beginning of the file? It looks
like I'd have to call:

Ogg_sync_reset
Vorbis_synthesis_restart

Would you also need to call ogg_sync_destroy, and pretty much start over? Or
is there a way you can feed it new data without destroying the buffer?

Thanks a ton,
Christopher