[Vorbis-dev] masking.h

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 03:50:49 PDT 2005

On 6/22/05, evil <evil at schleisse.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Can someone say to me, how the following values are assigned? I assume that
> it concerns different frequencies, but which?

As I recall, these numbers come from a bunch of papers (I think there
are references in the docs, or in the source, somewhere) by Ehmer,
though some of them have been tweaked to give better encoder
performance. I think the particular ones you quoted are used for
tone-tone masking (not certain offhand, though, I don't have the
source handy right now).

Following through how they're used in the reference encoder should
give you a better idea of precisely what they're used for, I can't
easily check that right now.

Mike