[Vorbis-dev] ARM port?

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Tue Jun 21 13:35:58 PDT 2005

On 2005-06-21 at 22:10:18 Erik Schieweck wrote:

> I am new at this list and a developer from germany. I would like port ogg
> vorbis to an ARM based embedded system.

You should have no problems compiling ogg vorbis with a suitable ARM
crosscompiler.

> I have lots of this boards in stock that have an EP7309 processor

I checked the specs of this processor, and it doesn't seem to have any
hardware FPU, so your bottleneck will be floating point performance.

For decoding Ogg Vorbis, you can use the Tremor project, which uses
only integers.  But AFAIK, there isn't any integer encoder project, at
least not a finished one.