[Vorbis-dev] lack of detail for exception in ov_open

Steve Russell srussell at innernet.net
Mon Jun 20 16:57:56 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Russell" <srussell at innernet.net>
To: <vorbis-dev at xiph.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2005 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Vorbis-dev] lack of detail for exception in ov_open

> After laboring for a week and getting help from Microsoft MVPs, I have
> discovered that the key to implementing vorbisfile in my MFC/C++ program
> is to specify the following dll's in my debug directory :
>
> ogg_d.dll
> vorbis_d.dll
> vorbisfile.dll  -- REMOVED SUFFIX . . . How could I have possibly known?
> I kept trying the release vorbisfile.dll, because that's the name the app
> kept asking for, and I got nothing but a very frustrating exception.
>
> Did I miss something in the documentation?
Just to wrap up this monologue and possibly help someone else in the future:

Until today, I had not seen vorbisfile_d.lib.  Now, in Project Settings, I
have linked to vorbisfile_d.lib for Debug, and to vorbisfile.lib for
Release.  In the Debug directory go the xxx_d.dll's; in the Release
directory go the xxx.dll's.  And all seems to be well